Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorGriffin, Tomás Patrick
dc.contributor.authorIslam, Md Nahidul
dc.contributor.authorWall, Deirdre
dc.contributor.authorFerguson, John
dc.contributor.authorGriffin, Damian Gerard
dc.contributor.authorGriffin, Matthew D.
dc.contributor.authorO’Shea, Paula M.
dc.identifier.citationGriffin, Tomás Patrick, Islam, Md Nahidul, Wall, Deirdre, Ferguson, John, Griffin, Damian Gerard, Griffin, Matthew Dallas, & O’Shea, Paula M. (2019). Plasma dephosphorylated-uncarboxylated Matrix Gla-Protein (dp-ucMGP): reference intervals in Caucasian adults and diabetic kidney disease biomarker potential. Scientific Reports, 9(1), 18452. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-54762-2en_IE
dc.description.abstractRecent studies suggest a possible association between dephosphorylated-uncarboxylated MGP (dp-ucMGP) and glomerular filtration rate (GFR). This study aimed to establish normative data in an adult Caucasian population and to explore the potential utility of dp-ucMGP in patients with diabetes mellitus (DM) with and without diabetic kidney disease (DKD). Healthy volunteers (HVs) (cross-sectional study) and participants with DM (prospective cohort study) were recruited. Plasma dp-ucMGP was measured using the IDS®-iSYS Ina Ktif (dp-ucMGP) assay. Of the HVs recruited (n = 208), 67(32.2%) were excluded leaving a reference population of 141(67.8%) metabolically healthy participants with normal kidney function. Plasma dp-ucMGP RIs wereen_IE
dc.description.sponsorshipWe wish to express our gratitude to all volunteers and patients who made this study possible. Special thanks to the scientific, nursing and medical staff at the Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and the Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Saolta University Health Care Group (SUHCG), Galway University Hospitals. TPG is supported by a Hardiman Scholarship from the College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Science, National University of Ireland Galway and a bursary from the Irish Endocrine Society/Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. The authors are supported by grants from the European Commission [Horizon 2020 Collaborative Health Project NEPHSTROM (grant number 634086; TPG, MNI, MDG), FP7 Collaborative Health Project VISICORT (grant number 602470; MDG)], Science Foundation Ireland [REMEDI Strategic Research Cluster (grant number 09/SRC-B1794; MDG), CÚRAM Research Centre (grant number 13/RC/2073; MDG)], HRB, Ireland Grant (grant number: EIA 2017-017) and the European Regional Development Fund. The materials presented and views expressed are the responsibility of the author(s) only. The EU Commission takes no responsibility for any use made of the information set out.en_IE
dc.publisherNature Researchen_IE
dc.relation.ispartofScientific Reportsen
dc.subjectdiabetic kidney diseaseen_IE
dc.subjectchronic kidney diseaseen_IE
dc.subjectmatrix gla proteinen_IE
dc.subjectestimated GFRen_IE
dc.titlePlasma dephosphorylated-uncarboxylated Matrix Gla-Protein (dp-ucMGP): reference intervals in Caucasian adults and diabetic kidney disease biomarker potentialen_IE
dc.contributor.funderHardiman Research Scholarship, National University of Ireland Galwayen_IE
dc.contributor.funderIrish Endocrine Society/Royal College of Physicians of Irelanden_IE
dc.contributor.funderHorizon 2020en_IE
dc.contributor.funderSeventh Framework Programmeen_IE
dc.contributor.funderScience Foundation Irelanden_IE
dc.contributor.funderHealth Research Boarden_IE
dc.contributor.funderEuropean Regional Development Funden_IE
dc.local.contactMatthew Dallas Griffin, Remedi, Biomedical Sciences Buil, Corrib Village, Dangan, Nui Galway. 5436 Email:
dcterms.projectinfo:eu-repo/grantAgreement/EC/H2020::RIA/634086/EU/Novel Stromal Cell Therapy for Diabetic Kidney Disease/NEPHSTROMen_IE
dcterms.projectinfo:eu-repo/grantAgreement/EC/FP7::SP1::HEALTH/602470/EU/Adverse Immune Signatures and their Prevention in Corneal Transplantation/VISICORTen_IE
dcterms.projectinfo:eu-repo/grantAgreement/SFI/SFI Strategic Research Cluster/09/SRC/B1794/IE/SRC REMEDI: REMEDI-2: From Research to Human Therapy/en_IE
dcterms.projectinfo:eu-repo/grantAgreement/SFI/SFI Research Centres/13/RC/2073/IE/C�RAM - Centre for Research in Medical Devices/en_IE

Files in this item

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Ireland
This item is available under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Ireland. No item may be reproduced for commercial purposes. Please refer to the publisher's URL where this is made available, or to notes contained in the item itself. Other terms may apply.

The following license files are associated with this item:


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record